Monday, December 05, 2005

Malaysian Food


Above : Middle east cuisine in Dubai
Below : Traditional English breakfast at Johnny's and Vicky's



Tee hee!! I'm back in Malaysia again.

Being away from the country for two consecutive weeks really make Malaysia closer to my heart. After the long haul flight through Dubai to London we settled down in this reasonably cheap hotel in London close to Victoria Station. After settling in we walked out in the not-so-cold weather, hunting for Vietnamese restaurant I knew down the street expecting to gulp down some hot noodle soup in the cold weather. Much to our astonishment, the shop closed. So we end up having this Indian food (of course with rice) at the other block.

Talking about food, I think all Malaysian are aware and know that Malaysian is the 'food haven'. We have all kind of food here. Whenever I go abroad, I always seek for food similar to home food. During my fourth day in the UK, I began to crave for all these malaysian food and I texted my friend about it.. Guess whats his comment?
" Aww! That couldnt be...!! What's the point of going overseas but never take the western food?" So, we just follow the English tradition, Fish n Chips on Friday and Roast on Sunday. As much as I missed all Malaysian food, I still appreciate this moment of living like westerners in the English home.

When we got to Dubai, a friend brought us for Arabian food. It was delicious especially the bread with grounded sesame seed and the olive as well. We enjoyed it thoroughly throughout the night.

But, Malaysia is still the best! :-)

No comments: