Monday, June 04, 2007

The Spirit of CousinShip

Cousins!

They are bunch of nice individuals with unique and different characters (of course!) and we are rooted of the same great ancestors. There were times when I really, really thankful and grateful for having bunches of cousins that are related to me, and no amounts of words can measure and explain how I love and grateful for them.

I just hope that day to come, my children,my grandchildren (if God's willing) will treasure this roots and keep the cousinship camaradarie as close as it is.

I have this cousin of mine, from my mom's side. Her late father was a close, close cousin to my mom and infact, the only male on my mom's side. This cousin of mine is few years younger than me but we grew up together. She is pretty, talented, smart, compassionate, helpful and generous. Despite our separate ways during schooling and uni days, we were still in touch and remain close as ever whenever we return back to our hometown during holidays. When I come to the city for job, we still remain close and up to one point where misunderstanding occurs caused by a friend, the silence begin.

During that entire period of silence among us, with me screaming for an explaination inside, I always missed her. Even little things that she likes, food that she loves and many more experiences with her, really bring aches into my heart. And after a year of silence, out of nowhere, we begin to contact each other again. As we sat in my office one day, I begin to explain things to her about what had happened that mislead her into misunderstanding. Few confessions made and what broke my heart was, when she said that during the silence period, she was also missing me and there is this day, when she saw me in the car but she didnt approached me because of hurt and with just seeing me from a distant, satisfy her yearning of seeing me.

Just yesterday, when we went to Wangsa Maju Jusco, I was surprised on how well she really, really know and remember things about me. She know's my favorite colour, food and many more.

Of all these, I realised that no matter what, there is one thing remains un shattered - the spirit of cousinship.

---------------------------------------------------------

On the other notes :

My meeting with the top guy from Petronas (He's the senior GM for petronas and third in the top ranking) went well and he was a cool guy. :-)

No comments: