Monday, January 01, 2007

That Eve

"Oh Lord my God, when I'm in awesome wonder, Consider of the worksThy hands have made...

"Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee... How great Thou art, How great Thou art..."

and the song continues on and on as Pastor Daniel leads us singing after a very brief sermon just before the clock ticking to 12 midnite last night. In the midst of worshipping atmosphere, he broke the song with a countdown of Ten... Nine.. Eight.. and on, with the multitude follows in unisons until One... and Then Sings my soul, my saviour God to Thee... we entered the first second of year 2007 singing the powerful hymn. The atmosphere were lively and vibrant, much to my gratefulness and thankfulness for being able to spend my new year eve in my church.

Just few days ago, I was wondering of where to spend my New Year Eve in Miri as my point of each year is spending my new year eve in my church in KL or Ba Kelalan. But due to my hectic schedule, I have to be in Miri. I wished silently in my heart of how good it could be if I can spend my new year eve in DUMC. And that very day itself, in the afternoon, the management decided to send someone to KL to bring all documents and I am that 'someone'. I really thank God for that as I spend my last Sunday of 2006 in DUMC listening to Pastor Daniel's sermon and being with my friend celebrating New Year in DUMC. Even at the last hour of 2006, God honor my wish... What more can I thankful for?

2006 Reflections

The journey was absolutely winding and rough, but with God, it turned out beautiful and purposeful. Today I could see the Hand that has sustained and strengthened me, leading me from one phase to another. Apart from that, the amount of SMS greetings that I received during christmas and the New Year eve was absolutely unspeakable to the extent of my inbox jammed with greetings from friends, acquiantances and even from strangers. I am really thankful for the rememberence.

Today, once more, I want to thank You Lord for all those times of grace, mercy, pain, joy and hardness. It makes me a stronger person today.

2007

More experience with You, Lord.

---------------------------------------------------------------

WISHING EVERYBODY A BLESSED AND FRUITFUL YEAR OF 2007



No comments: