Monday, April 17, 2006

The heart of a Woman

I am currently reading this :
















I want to be beautiful
And make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart
And be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful


And I would like to share this, as I think this is true :

The longings God has written deep in your heart are telling you something essential about what it means to be a woman, and the life He meant for you to live. Now we know - many of those desires have gone unmet, or been assaulted, or simply so long neglected, that most women end up living two lives.

On the surface we are busy and efficient, professional even. We are getting by. On the inside women lose themselves in a fantasy world or in cheap novels, or we give ourselves over to food or some other addiction to numb the ache of our hearts. But your heart is still there, crying out to be set free, to find the life your desires tell you of.

- John & Stasi Eldredge


Nice book, dont you think?

No comments: